FAQs about Orders and Deliveries and the COVID-19 virus
CaribOnline's operations continue but delivery times may be longer than usual.
Last updated on April 14, 2020.
1. Can I place an order? Will CaribOnline deliver the package?
Yes, CaribOnline's activities are currently continuing. However, delivery times may be longer than usual and our selection of items available for international shipping may be temporarily reduced. You can find updated delivery times on the product detail page for each item, and in checkout. Do not use delivery addresses for buildings that may be closed due to the current provisions (e.g. schools).
We're working with our selling partners to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. Our teams are working to ensure availability of these products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders. We're continuing to ship all available selection in our inventory, but some products may currently take longer to ship.
2. What's the status of my order and delivery? Can I change the address on my order?
You can track your order and deliveries from My Account on CaribOnline.com. You can change the delivery address for an order until it ships. Once your order has shipped, you can find tracking information in your order details. If an order includes multiple items, each may have separate delivery dates and tracking information.
3. Why are some items taking longer to ship?
As COVID-19 has spread, we have seen an increase in people shopping online. To serve our customers while also helping to ensure the safety of our associates, we have changed our logistics, transportation, supply chain, purchasing, and third-party seller processes to prioritize stocking and delivering items that are a higher priority for our customers. This has resulted in some of our delivery promises being longer than usual. We're also hiring new positions across the Caribbean and our Fulfillment centers across the globe to enable us to provide this vital service to people everywhere, especially to those, like the elderly, who are most vulnerable.
4. Can I still make returns?
Yes. We are still processing returns. We have extended return window from 7 Days to 30 Days.
5. Is it safe to receive orders?
For guidance on Coronavirus, please refer to the World Health Organization website.
6. What is CaribOnline doing to keep customers safe?
We are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. In addition to the thousands who are affected by the illness, thousands more are indirectly dealing with changes in their work, school, and community environments.
- We enhanced cleaning at all Fulfillment centers.
- Customers ordering delivery can select "unattended delivery" during checkout.
- We're focusing on high-priority items to ensure the fastest delivery of household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers.
- We're vigorously combating price gouging to help protect customers, help ensure fair pricing, and combat those seeking to profit off the COVID-19 crisis.
7. Is it possible to reduce contact with drivers when they deliver my orders?
Yes. Carrier's delivery partners have been advised to reduce contact with customers by placing packages at the customer's doorstep and stepping back. If an ID check is required, these are now performed at a distance.
You can also choose a safe location where the driver can leave your package if you are not able to answer the door. To provide delivery instructions, please go to Your Address Book and select "Add delivery instructions" for the address you want to update.
8. Are Pickup locations available for delivery?
Yes, we are working with location partners to ensure that where possible Pickup Counter locations remain available. If the Counter location you chose for delivery closes unexpectedly, you will be notified so that your parcel can be redirected to a home address or you can cancel your order for a refund.
9. Is CaribOnline still delivering Large and Bulky items?
Yes. Our delivery partners have been advised to reduce contact with customers by placing packages at the customer’s doorstep and stepping back. Out of an abundance of caution, we are also pausing in-home delivery and services until further notice.
10. What is COVID-19 Supplies?
COVID-19 Supplies is a central location on CairbOnline, exclusively for hospitals and government organizations, to access inventory of critical medical supplies as they become available. Learn more about COVID-19 Supplies here.